Medical Coding and Billing
Medical coding and billing is currently one of the fastest growing, in-demand careers. With advances in technology, new medical treatments and longer life-spans, the healthcare industry has a large need for qualified personnel. Medical coders apply industry standard codes to the patientís medical file. Medical billers use those codes to then apply dollar amounts and prepare the bill to submit to insurances, Medicare, Medicaid and the patient. Medical coding and billing is one of the few medical careers with no direct hands-on patient care. Entry-level medical coders and billers generally have either an associate degree or certificate.
Medical coding and billing information you want to know most!
- 22% Job Growth through 2022
- $48,593 average salary for a Certified Professional Coder (CPC) in 2013
- Established/stable healthcare industry
- Career ready in as little as 4 months
- Among fastest growing fields
- One of the few medical careers with no direct hands-on patient care